Helping To Ensure That You Receive The Allotted Child Support Payments

Ideally, child support payments would be consistent and regular. However, that's often not the case, leaving one parent with an undue burden and financial responsibility. In these instances, a skilled lawyer can help you collect overdue child support and help relieve the stress of solo support.

For more than two decades Patricia T. Bisesto, Esq., has assisted clients throughout New York with issues of child support enforcement. We guide clients through the administrative processes of collecting current or overdue support, including by income execution and Unemployment Insurance Benefits Intercept. Over the years, we have worked with countless individuals and helped create frameworks for collecting current and overdue child support.

What Are The Ways Of Collecting Child Support?

There are several administrative processes available for collecting both current and overdue child support, including:

  • Income execution, or the deduction of wages or other income by the noncustodial parent's employer for child support purposes
  • Unemployment Insurance Benefits Intercept, which occurs when the noncustodial parent is receiving unemployment insurance. The New York State Department of Labor will automatically deduct current and/or overdue child support payments from the parent's UIB payments

Overdue support can also be collected via the following methods:

  • Income Tax Refund Intercept (Federal and State)
  • Credit Bureau Submission, whereby the name of a delinquent noncustodial parent is submitted to the credit bureaus, making it more difficult to obtain loans and credit until the overdue support is paid
  • Lottery Intercept, whereby New York lottery winnings are used for overdue support
  • Property execution, including the seizure of assets to pay for overdue support
  • Tax referrals, whereby the names of delinquent noncustodial parents are sent to the Department of Taxation and Finance, which can then apply tax collection remedies
  • Driver's license suspension
  • Passport denial
  • Liens

Whatever the situation or potential remedy, a knowledgeable attorney can see the process through to completion and work toward making sure that your child support payments are recovered.

Contact Our Firm Today

To discuss your situation, call our White Plains office at 914-948-5946 or use our contact form to discuss.